Tonight At The Movies

Concerts, clubs, theatrical events, movies and more.

Tonight At The Movies

Postby Marsbar » Thu May 07, 2015 11:57 pm

Yes - tonight is the Canadian Premiere of I Am What I Play...Curtain at 7 PM. Come see this great movie about how we got here....we are the ones we've been waiting for.

http://cmw.net/film/events/i-am-what-i-play-canadian-premiere/
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: Tonight At The Movies

Postby NewGoldDream » Fri May 08, 2015 11:51 am

With this coming movie premier, perhaps more people will be aware of the amazing impact David Marsden has had on Canadian music for all these years. David, you deserve all the accolades and respect from many who have always supported you and from the many new listeners who will discover you in these coming months. I am sure this movie will enlighten people to the many ongoing changes in your industry. Those changes have been all for the worse in my opinion. I hope this will generate some excitement in people, and have them curiously seek out the FFF that is needed by them, and can only be found where you are providing it for them at NYTheSpirit.com. I am just so glad that I have met you David, you have had a great positive impact in my life. I enjoy celebrating the music and sharing good times with you, and so many other wonderful people in chat. As you often say, it is more important for us to look ahead. I hope this opening weekend and the summer ahead is both very enjoyable and memorable for you.

Your friend,

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Postby Marsbar » Fri May 08, 2015 3:52 pm

thank you Rick - your kind words are very much appreciated.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby MoodyBlue » Sat May 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Mary and I enjoyed the movie and we recommend it to anyone. I look forward to watching it again soon.

Those early days of FM radio were a lot simpler than they are today. It is good to see a movie that tells us what it was like in those days. It looks like it will be Internet streams where there will be true freedom to do Free Form. However, after viewing the movie and hearing the comments later, it is not everyone who can do this type of radio well. It is almost like the talent of a Bobby Orr or Wayne Gretzky in that what they could do on the ice could not be taught. A player either has got it or not.

Obviously the one thing that a station manager should never do is when you have talent like that, do not hand the DJ a play list.

It was nice to see the chat room gang at the theatre.

Best regards,

John Kerr
MoodyBlue
Light Tech Manager

Return to Events That Matter