Midge Ure

Concerts, clubs, theatrical events, movies and more.

Midge Ure

Postby Marsbar » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Here is some damn exciting news....Midge Ure in an intimate evening February 2 & 3.

Hugh's Room - 2261 Dundas St W. at Roncesvalles Ave, just south of Bloor St. and just north of where Dundas St W meets Roncesvalles.

Tickets: $35 Advance/$40 Door (includes HST)
Performance: 8:30pm
Request a reservation

BTW - Hugh's Room also serves dinner and other eating treats. Make an evening of it!

http://hughsroom.com/reservations/

Midge Ure is an artist who has received Ivor Novello, Grammy, BASCAP awards along with a flotilla of gold and platinum records, really needs very little introduction.

Musical success is seldom measured in time spans of more than a few years, if not Andy Warhol’s often quoted “fifteen minutes”, so the fact that by the time Midge’s single “If I Was” went to No1 in 1985 he had already crammed several musical lifetimes into a 10 year professional career speaks volumes – Slik, The Rich Kids, Thin Lizzy, Visage, Ultravox and of course the most famous one off group in musical history Band Aid had by then all had the guiding hand of his musical navigation.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: Midge Ure

Postby Sunbeam » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:52 am

I can't make it to this show :(

But... what David says is true... Hugh's Room is a wonderful place to see/hear a treasured artist. I've been there for every StrawbS show this century :) Al Stewart plays there too, many great artists perform there.

Make reservations ASAP- request a table for dinner. If you make a dinner reservation, you get a better table. In fact, if you don't make a dinner reservation, there's no guarantee you'll get a table at all. Plan to arrive at 6:00 p.m. sharp for dinner, and enjoy a leisurely evening. The food is fair-to-good-to-excellent, the service friendly, the atmosphere intimate. For a party of two, ask for table 88. For larger parties, there are no bad seats. If you wait, you'll get standing room at the bar.

Go forth, and enjoy. :D
Last edited by Sunbeam on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby Sunbeam » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:01 am

Oh, a blast from the past.

Hugh's Room is right across the street from where the old RonDun Tavern used to be.
Ok, I just dated myself. I remember working the RonDun with bands like Zon, and Bond...

There's a big (huge) supermarket parking lot right across the street now, where you can park for free.
:shock: 8-) :lol:
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby Marsbar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Looking forward to this one. Be going Wednesday evening. :)
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby yanawa5678 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Be going Wednesday evening. :)
จีคลับ
yanawa5678
Head Usher

Postby Marsbar » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Hey yanawa5678 - I hope you noticed the original date.

d
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Events That Matter