Our DJs and my Weekends

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Our DJs and my Weekends

Postby Sunbeam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:30 am

So here I am listening to James. Another fabulous show of new music. Thank You James! Of course, Allniteandre's up next, and I wouldn't miss that. These late Saturdays are my main opportunity to catch these two shows.

I'm a bit of a smart-phone Luddite- well, not really, but I refuse to pay the usurious data rates demanded by our mobile carriers to listen to NY on my phone any time. When I have unlimited DSL at home for a cheap price, I just cannot justify paying the mobile data rates.

In a perfect world, I'd love to be able to go to nythespirit.com any time of the week, and listen to Andre's show for this week. CBC does something like that for shows like Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap: not an easily downloadable podcast, but an easily listenable on-demand show. How they do that goes beyond my understanding of programming web-deliverable content, but they manage to make the show available on demand while making it difficult to download as a save-able podcast.

I understand the concerns of podcasting current assets- I don't want to steal a music library, I'd just like to be able to listen to the current offering of auditions on my own schedule, and see the artists receive their just rewards from my subscription fee.

Just thinking out loud and planting ideas, not a bitchfest. Off to listen to the rest of Andre's show... a mind-opener as usual. Have fun, folks.
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Return to Just Stuff