20 Billion In Debt??

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

20 Billion In Debt??

Postby Marsbar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Moments before Bell reported licensing I Heart Radio of America - the company was dodging the bullet of a 20 Billion Dollar bankruptcy. That debt may have been incurred because folks in the US didn't really enjoy I Heart Radio. If true, why would Bell make such a move?

Old fashioned radio owners seem to be grabbing at straws as it magically occurs to them that their listeners are all going to the Internet. Or so I'm told.

Now in their infinite wisdom Canadian radio feels a need. As the other broadcast companies see Bell aligning with I Heart they believe they've come up with a good and competitive idea.

Radioplayer vs iHeart

A consortium of 15 private broadcasters is backing proven and tested UK streaming platform Radioplayer and says the free app for it will be available in the next several months. The app platform will offer connectivity to as many as 500 national and regional radio stations.

The Radioplayer announcement yesterday was a stealth move by the consortium intended to disrupt Bell Media, trumpeting its own robust iHeartRadio platform that is in beta mode, and has its official launch on Oct. 3.

It's not about the platform! It's about what one puts on that platform. A stage. A place where one puts on a show. I don't understand why they can't see that.

Are they all missing the point?
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Just Stuff