Tom Cochrane

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Tom Cochrane

Postby Marsbar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Here's a feel good story....From FYI - By Nick Krewen

Tom Cochrane Feted by World Vision for 25 Years of Humanitarian Work

Tom Cochrane's highway has also been World Vision Canada's. Honouring both the Canadian singer and songwriter's 25-year humanitarian association with Christian charity organization World Vision Canada and the 25th anniversary of his landmark album, Mad Mad World, the charity threw Cochrane a tribute bash at the Fermenting Cellar in Toronto's Distillery District on Oct. 24.

There's a closer connection than many might realize: the biggest hit of Cochrane's formidable career, 1991’s "Life Is A Highway," was written following his first World Vision-sponsored trip to Africa.

"With the African experience, I came back and it was a different Tom, you know, because of the trauma," Cochrane explained in 25 Years On The Highway, a World Vision documentary that also had its premiere screening at the Fermenting Cellar during the party. "We saw a celebration. Most desperate people express this joy, this generosity. I came home and…how do you deal with it? I got up early that morning, 5 a.m. until 7 or 8 (a.m.): ‘Life Is A Highway,’ for the most part, was completed.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Just Stuff