AM640's Bill Carroll gives Marsbar Shout-out!

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

AM640's Bill Carroll gives Marsbar Shout-out!

Postby Sunbeam » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:07 pm

Bill Carroll, host of the 4-7pm afternoon drive show on Toronto's Talk Radio AM640, regularly proclaims his love of music (a prog rock fan), and occasionally bemoans the state of the music industry. A recent rant criticized the Ontario governments plan to inject money into parts of the music industry that don't need it. If you want to help the music industry, put music education back in our schools and let things take care of themselves, he opined. But I digress...

I was listening to Bill's show 2 nights ago, Wed. Jan 28, when he was commenting on the sad state of most FM music programming these days, which led into this (I'm quoting from memory, so this is paraphrased):
"Some of you may not remember, but once upon a time, chumfm was actually a great radio station that played fantastic music. They had great DJs, like David Pritchard, and David Marsden, and it was a joy to listen to them. David Marsden would pull a 10 or 20 minute album track out of his Brown Paper Bag, and I would just enjoy every second of it. Then they turned chumfm into a 'mommy' station. All the good DJs left. I still loved the morning guys, who stayed on for a while, so I'd listen to the morning show every day. But I couldn't stand the music for the rest of the day."

-Sunbeam
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Re: AM640's Bill Carroll gives Marsbar Shout-out!

Postby Marsbar » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Well that is very nice. I wonder if he knows about Saturday and Sunday evenings? I'll send him a note letting him know he can be young again!! :D

Thanks for letting me know Sunbeam.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: AM640's Bill Carroll gives Marsbar Shout-out!

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:06 pm

David, you should list your profession as "Exclusive Purveyor of the Musical Fountain of Youth".
Keeping us all young is what you do best.

I noticed that Bill also paid tribute to Peter Griffin and Geets Romo, though he didn't mention their names.
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Return to Just Stuff