Canada Has Already Won the Olympics

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Canada Has Already Won the Olympics

Postby Marsbar » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Canada has already won the Olympics...at least according to Buzzfeed.com.

The American site published a list of 10 reasons demonstrating that Canada is the best and has a heart of gold.

Here is their Top 10:

1. When the Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion released this response to Russia’s anti-LGBT laws.

2. When an Olympic qualifier took one for Team Canada and gave up his spot to another teammate.

Gilmore Junio gave up his spot in Sochi to Denny Morrison (right), a three-time Olympian who did not qualify in his 1,000-meter speedskating event during the trials in Calgary last month. And then Morrison went on to win silver!

3. When, shortly after his win, Morrison started a Twitter campaign to select Junio as Canada’s flag bearer during the Sochi closing ceremonies.

4. When a Canadian coach helped a Russian skier complete his Olympic race with dignity.

5. When they showed everyone up by creating an ingenious beer fridge that can only be accessed by a Canadian passport.

6. When Ottawa’s mayor shut down some haters in the best possible way. DM - And today The Ontario Provincial Government hoisted the Rainbow Flag. All as a sign of solidarity. The Ontario Government is located in Queens's Park. :-)

7. When only two of the Dufour-Lapointe sisters took medals home but all three siblings cheered for each other.

Canadian freestyle skiers and sisters Chloe Dufour-Lapointe won silver and Justine Dufour-Lapointe won gold. Even though their eldest sister, Maxime, finished 12th, she continued to cheer her siblings on.

8. When, after beating his fellow countryman to get gold, Alex Bilodeau left his competitor with only kind words.

The two Canadian freestyle skiers grew up skiing on the same slopes, with the same clubs, and under the same coaches. When Alex Bilodeau (right) won gold over his close competitor Mikael Kingsbury (left), who won silver, Bilodeau graciously passed the torch. “That guy that finished second, he is going to win everything after I’m gone,” Bilodeau said.

9. When Bilodeau then dedicated his Olympic gold to his brother who has cerebral palsy.

10. And when — amid all sportsmanship and thoughtfulness — Canada actually won a bunch of medals.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: Canada Has Already Won the Olympics

Postby abrahammathew » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:40 am

It was awesome match , I personally liked the match of the sisters . Freestyle skiing is my favorite style of skiing. Recently I started learning freestyle skiing at location matériel ski avoriaz .
abrahammathew
Lobby Attendant

Return to Just Stuff