My New Coat, a fun shopping trip

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

My New Coat, a fun shopping trip

Postby MoodyBlue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:28 pm

When I was in Niagara-on-the-Lake over 10 years ago, and I saw a winter coat that I really liked. I did not buy it because (1) it was rather expensive and I did have a good winter coat (2) Mary was not with me and I do not just spend that kind of money, on my own. We consult with each other on these things.
Funny thing is, when i got home and I told Mary about the coat, she said that I should have purchased it.

My old winter coat has been a great coat, I have worn it for over 25 years, but it is time to replace it. Mary said so.... :)

So while in Niagara-on-the-Lake we went looking for the shop that sold the coat I liked. We found the shop, and that make and style of coat is still sold there. This is what we purchased: https://www.oxford-blue.com/collections/mens/products/w73-hobart-wax-cape-inc-detachable-hood

The new coat was purchased at a shop called "Irish Design" $400.00. But the coat is from England, the fabric -- waxed cotton, is made in Scotland. It is a full length coat, something that is hard to find in stores today.

One thing I have to say about my old coat. It was quite expensive, but not that much more money than other coats of lower quality. After over 25 years, I must admit the more expensive coat ended up costing the least. It looks like my new coat will be another bargain.

Mary found a duffle coat that she fell in love with. We came home with it too.

Cheers
John
MoodyBlue
Light Tech Manager

Re: My New Coat, a fun shopping trip

Postby Marsbar » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:01 am

Well that is a very cool look.....d
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Just Stuff