Rapid delivery

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Rapid delivery

Postby MoodyBlue » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:48 pm

Hello Marsdenians
Just when you think you have seen everything, life provides us with another surprise. This is a pleasant surprise that happened this week. I decided to purchase a webcam for my computer. I have had one before, but I gave it away when I thought that I would not need it because every laptop comes with a webcam and my next computer will be a laptop, even my old laptop has a webcam. Wrong, I do have a new desktop computer and a new 42 inch 4K TV that I use as a monitor. Zoom meetings requires a webcam; I don't have to get one but I guess I should.

I do my research and find a list of webcams that work out-of-the-box with Ubuntu Linux. I select a webcam that nobody has in stock here in little ole Guelph Ontario. I did not feel like driving to a store in Mississauga. Next choice is to purchase it online from Staples. This is where the surprise comes in. They received my order just a wee bit before 2:00 pm on Thursday, with a promise to be delivered by Tuesday. I expected to see it on Monday because I know that the online stores will under-promise and over-deliver on the arrival date. Friday afternoon about 2ish there is a buzz at the door and it is the delivery of my webcam.

Are you kidding me? It took less than 24 hours for this webcam to come from a warehouse in Lachine Quebec to my doorstep in Guelph. And this is regular delivery, it was not a RUSH order.

This is just amazing to me, and I bet it was an automated process from the second I clicked on "send" on the computer screen.

Cheers
John
MoodyBlue
Light Tech Manager

Return to Just Stuff