Australia is ausome

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Australia is ausome

Postby MoodyBlue » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:52 am

Hi gang
Mary and I are in our last week of vacation here. We are attending that Rotary Intl. Convention in Sydney.

The opening session of the conference included a concert by "Human Nature" a group composed of Aussies who sing the Motown hits. They are fantastic, and make their home now in las Vegas. They are worth going to see if you are down there to catch some shows.

We toured Tasmania where there is a picture postcard at every turn but no place to stop and take a photo. The roads are very narrow and there is no shoulder. You get that when there is no need to pile snow on the side of the road. Mary drove the car across Tasmania through mountainous terrain, in the dark in the pouring rain. Oh and there is nobody out there as well, no lights of farmhouses -- nothing.

Actually I was relieved to turn the car in at the end of the Tassie part of our trip; no more driving.

We stayed at Craddle mountain in Tasmania, took a guided tour up to almost the top but had to return due to the darkness approaching.

I have some good photos taken with my phone because the camera died. It went into out of focus mode or as I call it "Monet mode".

From Tasmania we went to Kangaroo Island. Again we had a guided tour for two days. Well worth it as the guides know where the critters are and we saw lots of critters. The tour included a BBQ lunch on both days and they were excellent.

That is all for now, I will complain about the coffee later and also tell you about the fabulous home we stayed at, guest of my cousin and his partner. Oh one thing, the food here has been great, expensive by our standards, but not always excessive.

G'day to everyone.

John Kerr
Last edited by MoodyBlue on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
MoodyBlue
Light Tech Manager

Re: Australia is ausome

Postby Marsbar » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Thanks for the letter home and the update. Sure seems that both of you are having an amazing time on this trip. We miss you and hope to see the pictures soon,

BTW - I love the description of your camera in "Monet mode".

Be safe as you travel.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby kosmo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:05 am

What does BBQ kangaroo taste like?
kosmo
Head Usher

Postby MoodyBlue » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:16 am

kosmo wrote:What does BBQ kangaroo taste like?

I do not know, we ate beef and lamb.
John
MoodyBlue
Light Tech Manager

Return to Just Stuff