Remarkable Rocks -- Kangaroo Island

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Remarkable Rocks -- Kangaroo Island

Postby MoodyBlue » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Here is just one of many photos I took at Remarkable Rock on Kangaroo Island. This place is a photographer's dream come true. I do not think any abstract artist could create something more spectacular than what nature has provided here.

I wanted to go to Ayers Rock but this place more than made up for it. Sure Uluru is much bigger and grand, but they do say that good things come in small packages.

It reminds me of the time my parents met a young person from Switzerland at a look-out in the Canadian Rockies. My mother said to him "this must be very tame or routine for you". He replied "oh no, the Alps are bigger and taller, but this far is more beautiful".

Remarkable Rock must be a well kept secret, perhaps the locals want to keep it that way, less it becomes as well worn down as the ground around Stonehenge.

You can link to the photo, it is Copyleft not Copyright.

Cheers,

John

MoodyBlue
Light Tech Manager

Re: Remarkable Rocks -- Kangaroo Island

Postby Marsbar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:57 am

John - magnificent. You're right about this place being a secret. And you just may be correct in saying that it should stay that way.

At first glance what I saw in the photo was a large seal and it's pup just to its side.

Thanks for sharing.

d
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Just Stuff