NYTheSpirit Backgrounder

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

NYTheSpirit Backgrounder

Postby Marsbar » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Check this out and if you want - leave a comment. The Music Express have been very nice....

http://themusicexpress.ca/
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: NYTheSpirit Backgrounder

Postby seanmicley » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:53 pm

8-)
Last edited by seanmicley on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
seanmicley
Lobby Attendant

Postby djphil » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi Dave

I am sorry if I am not in the proper blog category but I have been tryng to find out where I can hear you play.

a few weekends ago I changed the station to 94.9 and you were not there.
So I listened for a little while then I think was the owner of the station came on the air and said you were no longer with them.

WOW
What a shame, what a great fit you were for that station and that time slot, I used to look foreword to Sunday nights.

So where and what times do you play,

It has been a few months for me and I need my Marsden Fix!!!
djphil
Lobby Attendant

Postby djphil » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi Dave

I am sorry if I am not in the proper blog category but I have been tryng to find out where I can hear you play.

a few weekends ago I changed the station to 94.9 and you were not there.
So I listened for a little while then I think was the owner of the station came on the air and said you were no longer with them.

WOW
What a shame, what a great fit you were for that station and that time slot, I used to look foreword to Sunday nights.

So where and what times do you play,

It has been a few months for me and I need my Marsden Fix!!!
djphil
Lobby Attendant

Postby Marsbar » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Hey DJPhil. The Rock cancelled my show just before Christmas. Sad? Yes - but it was a great 11 years and a lot of music was shared.

Now here we are with something brand new. It's a 24 - 7 music stream with Special DJ shows spread through each day.

I'm glad you enjoyed Sunday night - cause I'm now doing Sunday evenings LIVE on the new website. My show starts at 8 PM EST and usually goes to around midnight.

NO commercials. NO data mining but a lot of amazing music. Click on this link and it will take you to NYTheSpirit - I'll be watching for you......

https://www.nythespirit.com
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby Marsbar » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Hey Sean - there is a place for comments on the Music Express site. You may want to mention there that his real name is ROB. :-)

Thanks.

d
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby Marsbar » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Hey Sean - there is a place for comments on the Music Express site. You may want to mention there that his real name is ROB. :-)

Thanks.

d
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby NewGoldDream » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Lately, I have found a new interest in a lot of the 80's music I seemed to have passed on back then. I'm a true hard rock fan...Pink Floyd, Scorpions, Judas Priest, YES, Supertramp,Skynyrd, Aldo Nova, just to name a few. When the”new” music of the '80s and the “image”..was just something I didn't identify with, I saw it as a bit flamboyant, with guys in lip stick and the nagging drum machine that seemed be the driving beat. I think it was more so the image that being a heterosexual guy I just didn't identify with.

I “discovered” the David Marsden Show recently, and I'm hearing some real gems being played on Saturday nights. I'm hearing some Gary Numan, Simple Minds, Tubes!..lol...and then I'm hearing songs with a great beat and synthesizer. My recent system (which was in storage) is sounding very clear and full bodied now with so many varieties of sound.

I think what has happened with me lately after discovering David Marsden, it seems he has cherry picked all the best of the 80's, and I'm hearing very good quality music that has been tried and tested. I could pull out one of my old tired rock albums, but I find it less inspiring than hearing something new and exciting to me. I feel I have a new daily playlist which I would put up head to head against any new artist of the week. (month) (hour).

I'm sure if you play some of the heavy metal tunes of the '80's hair bands, to many, would be uninspiring to “discover” and accept wholeheartedly. Although, there are some gems that would enhance your listening pleasure I'm sure.....alas, there's just no one to guide you through the slop. David you have given me so much newly discovered “gems” of music that truly enhance my day!

I'm listening to nythespirit.com regularly, and sure enough I'm adding awesome songs to my daily playlist. Somehow, you, with your choices in music have made my life a Total Jam!...even so much as to inspire enough to post some thoughts here....keep them coming David Marsden!

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Postby Marsbar » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Thank you Rick (NDG). Your words have made me smile.

I certainly intend to keep on sharing the music. As long as folks want to share with us.

See you Sunday around 8 PM Sunday.

d
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby NewGoldDream » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi:

I forwarded my forum response to musicxpress....it may be too long for the comment section...it's under review now. Anyone else have any comments?..all are appreciated!

Rick NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Postby Sunbeam » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:55 am

Nice article on Music Express, I posted this comment:

Thanks Keith for a well-written article about a radio icon who defies description in a single article… a series would be required to do justice.

I have been listening to David Marsden’s music programming at every opportunity since his tenure at chumfm back in the early 1970’s, when he introduced Pink Floyd to the Canadian ears.

David has done more to inform my taste in music than any other single influence for over 4 decades. https://www.nythespirit.com/ is now a staple in our household for great music.
Thank you David for that, and Keith for spreading the word.

-Sunbeam
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby NewGoldDream » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Sorry Keith,

My previous comment was to do more with my new experience regarding David Marsden. Words like Icon, Legend, and Hero, applies to David Marsden who has conquered adversity in life.....and you can even add Fierce Warrior? Don't let his mild appearance fool you, this active leading pioneer has admirable strengths. The term “role model” should apply in both his professional career and personal life. For a “deejay” who would rely totally only on his voice, don't judge this man by his words, but more by his actions. With all of his accomplishments, (too many to mention here) he is a tried and tested leader we trust to guide us into the new frontier.

David Marsden is supporting the great songs of the '80's...not the Corey Hart, Madonna, and loud hair bands. David has a good ear and supports music based on good quality and nothing else. Some groups and songs were the “casualties of the 80's war” and David Marsden is the only voice championing these songs and artists today.

These days, with nothing new to get excited about in the current music scene...you're not waiting for the latest album to arrive and listen and recognize a new anthem or something shared to be called “Our Song.” If your partner or the kids are rolling their eyes when you put on that old band tour t-shirt (still 2 sizes too small) and play an old record, it's time to give David Marsden's nythespirit.com a try. It could be a way for everyone in the household to discover “new” music together.

I submit to any rocker or pop lover to take the following challenge...play these 4 songs when you have some free time. . I list 2 rock and 2 more easy listening choices.
The Comsat Angels – You Move Me .. The Cure – Fascination Street .. Tom Robinson – Listen to the Radio .. Peter Murphy – All Night Long. These are a few that I myself am enjoying lately. These are just samples of great music that David Marsden shares with us on his Saturday and Sunday live shows.

Visit http://www.marsdenglobal.com and read some of the forums for other excellent choices in music. Or check out the commercial free http://www.nythespirit.com

Lead us into battle David Marsden, we follow and support you, as you guide us into the New Frontier!

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Return to Just Stuff