With Style

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

With Style

Postby NewGoldDream » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:01 pm

David Marsden simply says that, by doing good and feeling good about something shows that you “have style”....not for gain or recognition ..but for the benefit of feeling good inside.

I have been reading more about David, and I have a better understanding of the adversities he has faced and dealt with in his life. I can see this by all the good people that feel a real connection with David for so many years, that he is genuinely a nice guy. I think that David Marsden's recent influence is having a very positive impact on my life, more than I could have ever imagined.

By doing just a little extra effort during my daily routine seems to be very rewarding for me. It could be something as simple as holding open a door for someone and immediately their smile appears. You're driving and let someone in your lane, and you see a hand wave. Things you surely do appreciate when you are treated with a little kindness. I'm always courteous, and people will say to me “You've done your good deed for the day” ..my quick reply is always.. “My good deed for the hour.”

I find if you put that little extra effort “with style,” somehow it returns to you tenfold. Maybe not instantly, as in a smile, or so immediate in the form of karma. ...But it will find a way to reward you and you will recognize this for what it is. Perhaps it is along the same lines as "pay it forward" and countless others will be rewarded as well.

I hope my interpretation of “with style” somehow finds a way to inspire anyone reading this. I think anything positive and encouraging can have a profound impact on all our lives... as I'm finding David Marsden's positive demeanor is having on mine.

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Return to Just Stuff