Pay it Forward -Instant Karma - " U Have Style"

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Pay it Forward -Instant Karma - " U Have Style"

Postby NewGoldDream » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:23 pm

I step into a quaint local coffee shop to service the doorway mats, and there is a gentleman ordering at the counter, I recognize that it is Erin O'toole, and the shop owner I know is taking his order. He sees me carrying the mats and I see it crosses his mind that I may be same one delivering mats to his office. I service the mats and approach the counter and he is standing on the mat, I say “Mr O'toole?” and right away he asks if I'm servicing his office...I correct him and say I'm offering a trial period on the service. He mentions about setting up an account possibly after the winter season. I tell him how I used to service the late politician Jim Flaherty's office.

Ok, here is where I need to step back and give a little background. And I am in now way a political guy.

After I heard his announcement in Parliament regarding David Marsden and seeing the effect it had on all of us, I had to see if there was a way I could show appreciation from all of us. I service a small convenience store across from Erin's office in Bowmanville so I walked into Erin's office and introduced myself to his 2 associates. They share a common hallway with separate door leading into office. Inside Erin's office is a open area leading up to the counter, with few offices down the hall, a piece of old used carpet from entrance to desk that Erin's father had brought in.

I tell his associates how overwhelmed I was to hear Erin deliver the speech in Parliament. They say that Erin's office has been receiving countless calls and emails like they had never seen before. I tell them that it was totally unexpected and tears were shed by David and also everyone in chat. I say to show gratitude my business would be proving some winter matting on a trial basis only ;) as I know there is a lot of paperwork and legalities....she jokes and says they have to account for every pen also. I roll up the old carpet ,and place my mats on the floor, they are very grateful as it looks more professional. I mention sometimes when a politician has a local public appearance , a few mats to stand on enhances the photo. I bring back 2 red mats and place them to the side, and I mention to check with Erin to see if he would rather have blue mats for that occasion I bring blue on the next visit and the girls joke that he would like the blue much better. So, all is good and I'm changing mats for 6 weeks and still haven't met Erin till my chance encounter at the coffee shop.

I approach Erin in the coffee shop...he offers to buy me a coffee, I shake his hand, as he tells the shop owner I'm servicing his office also. I grip his hand and hold an extra few seconds, and as we continue to shake, I draw him in a bit and say we also have a mutual friend in David Marsden...he brightens up with a smile. “My office has never received as many calls and emails and youtube hits than anything else.” He says his father got him listening to Marsden a long time ago and that his wife and him listen every weekend. He said he felt compelled to just voice his opinion and I agreed, saying I have been expressing myself on David's site. I poked my finger to his blue tie and said that I would make sure the mats for functions are blue...he got a chuckle out of that. He said he would be at his office in a little while and for me to drop by.. I told him I had several deliveries to make before servicing his office.

This was just my way of doing something positive for something I strongly believe in. So Erin speaks out and I give him a little instant karma...now he “has style”...we joked about that phrase too...The cost for the service would be about $100.00 for the season. I'm sorry if I appear to have too much zeal and post too much on here. I feel a good vibe from my experiences here with the music, David and all the good people in chat, I've never wrote stuff before, I feel inspired, and it's like an outlet...maybe I'll give it a rest for a bit.

Rick
NGD
Last edited by NewGoldDream on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Re: Pay it Forward -Instant Karma - " U Got Style"

Postby Marsbar » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:00 pm

No need to rest a while. This board is here for everyone to post and comment. So please keep them coming. And rest of you also.....

:D
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Just Stuff