Music Express Interview

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Music Express Interview

Postby NewGoldDream » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi All:

This is the comment on the Music Express article about David that I should have submitted...instead of the selfish one I submitted about my own experiences regarding David.

I no longer see it posted about the Music Express Article, but here's the link. The letter that I submitted later, but not listed in Comments follows:

http://themusicexpress.ca/marsdens-new- ... s-digital/

Sorry Keith,

My previous comment was to do more with my new experience regarding David Marsden. Words like Icon, Legend, and Hero, applies to David Marsden who has conquered adversity in life…..and you may even add Fierce Warrior? Don’t let his mild appearance fool you, this active leading pioneer has admirable strengths. The term “role model” should apply in both his professional career and personal life. For a “deejay” who would rely totally only on his voice, don’t judge this man by his words, but more by his actions. With all of his accomplishments, (too many to mention here) he is a tried and tested leader we trust to guide us into the new frontier.

David Marsden is supporting the great songs of the ’80’s…not the Corey Hart, Madonna, and loud hair bands. David has a good ear and supports music based on good quality and nothing else. Some groups and songs were the “casualties of the 80’s war” and David Marsden is the only voice championing these songs and artists today.

These days, with nothing new to get excited about in the current music scene…you’re not waiting for the latest album to arrive and listen and recognize a new anthem or something shared to be called “Our Song.” If your partner or the kids are rolling their eyes when you put on that old band tour t-shirt (still 2 sizes too small) and play an old record, it’s time to give David Marsden’s nythespirit.com a try. It could be a way for everyone in the household to discover “new” music together.

I submit to any rocker or pop lover to take the following challenge…play these 4 songs when you have some free time. . I list 2 rock and 2 more easy listening choices.
The Comsat Angels – You Move Me .. The Cure – Fascination Street .. Tom Robinson – Listen to the Radio .. Peter Murphy – All Night Long. These are a few that I myself am enjoying lately. These are just samples of great music that David Marsden shares with us on his Saturday and Sunday live shows.

Visit http://www.marsdenglobal.com and read some of the forums for other excellent choices in music. Or check out the commercial free http://www.nythespirit.com

Lead us into battle David Marsden, we follow and support you, as you guide us into the New Frontier!

Rick
NGD

p.s. Keith, this is a great interview you have put together here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is what I should have submitted.

Maybe my 4 choices of songs were not the best to represent the wide variety of music that David offers, but I would like to have other people comment on my post here and submit 2-4 songs to check out.

I see David has asked us all numerous times to post more in the forums. Even a small comment or different topic thread would be nice.

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Re: Music Express Interview

Postby Marsbar » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:35 am

Thanks Rick. I think most everyone now posts on Facebook. I certainly noticed a significant drop in postings over the past couple of years since FB came along.

Interestingly - I have noticed this decline on many of the boards i read and post. As not everyone bothers withe Facebook, it seems to me perhaps its good to post on both FB and MG.

Believe it or not, not everyone is on FB. All worthwhile notes and postings like great songs should be available on as many platforms and/or opportunities. :)
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby NewGoldDream » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:19 am

Hi David..I thought Facebook comments were to be under 14 words or less...Mine would look like a full article on your Facebook comment section...lol...

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Postby Marsbar » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 pm

HI Rick - there are few limits on posting for Facebook. Twitter limits the number of letters. I'm kind of like you when it comes to brevity. :)
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Just Stuff