TheBarron

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

TheBarron

Postby NewGoldDream » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:47 pm

The lights dim and behind the curtain the music starts to play. You are comfortable in your chair and are anxiously waiting to enjoy a few hours of music. The curtains open and in full light David Marsden appears and gives his welcoming wave with a smile. We are always rewarded with a great music show with many surprises and laughs, which is what brings us all together. The music that we share with David and with his many friends...some old, some new...makes this all so much more enjoyable.

Before the lights were to dim and before the curtains were to open, much preparation had been done. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all who make this such a great experience. David and his staff are top notch, and mostly I'd like to thank TheBarron.

TheBarron is perfectly suited as the welcoming representative for this venue. If first impressions are what really counts, it is very apparent his big heart and dedication to David is what shines through. As David's right hand man here, he is very supportive and informative. With his energetic personality and humbling nature, TheBarron helps you to feel very comfortable and at ease. With his vast knowledge of music, he will immediately interject all the much needed relevant information. He also enjoys the show with us, contributing to the shenanigans and laughter. TheBarron is a very likeable, receptive guy with a great sense of humour. You can poke fun and tease him, (all in good fun) and with his good nature, He is a willing recipient to be the “butt” of a good joke, and eager to return the favour anytime with his quick dry wit. I'm sure he's doing the thankless jobs around here that are seldom rewarded; returning empties, mopping floors, and dealing with so many mysterious stains for sure!

I don't know all the details of how this is all put together, but from all my observations there is something very special here. I see TheBarron having a very big part in making my experiences here very memorable, and I'd like to give credit where credit is due. In my minds eye, I see TheBarron in his tuxedo on centre stage at the beginning of the show. And as the lights begin to dim, he is the one to open the curtains and proudly introduce David to us as the show begins.

Keep up the great work TheBarron!.. and as we relay our feelings and thanks to David at the end of each show, know that we also give you a special “Thank You” for all you do.

I thank TheBarron once again for making my experiences here so much more fun and memorable.

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Re: TheBarron

Postby Jammin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes, the whole thing is very magical NGD, and after many years of being here, neither marsbar nor thebarron have lost their midas touch. Great read NGD, thanks for posting! :)
testing my signature
Jammin
Lobby Attendant

Postby Marsbar » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:51 am

Once again New Gold Dream your words have touched and shone a bright spotlight on someone who really matters.

The original chatroom was guided by the hand of Sister Mar. It was she who started the birthday parties and stuff. When Sistah Mar put on her wings a number of years back, the question was who could fill her space. Hosting the chatroom takes a very special person...as you have written.

Each of us breathed a sigh of relief and delight when The Barron stepped up an took the reigns. He was perfect. Since then the chatroom has grown and most definitely continues to be the place to meet new friends, all drawn together by the music. The guy in the middle bringing everyone together and the guy organizing the Birthday Parties (with help from The Major) is The Barron.

The words you write New Gold Dream are true and have captured the spirit of The Barron.

We also must thank his many close friends he has around him - for sharing The Barron with us.

Thank you Barron.

d
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby Contact » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 pm

NewGoldDream. This is not the first post of yours that I’ve had to re-read because it was too full of awesome to be absorbed fully all in one go.

And yes, thanks Barron for helping us feel warm and cozy and helping us hear a dog’s snore.
Contact
Bar Manager

Postby NewGoldDream » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Thanks Alex, (contact) .. I've never wrote anything before in my life..other than 2 poems many years ago. I get a few ideas and write down 5 or 6 points when I feel inspired, then I sit down for 30 – 40 minutes and piece it all together. I felt compelled to write the “Farewell to the Theatre” post because I thought this was all coming to an end. My following 3 or 4 posts were more in support of David's new venue. Sorry if I sounded like I was preaching to the choir, offering my support and encouragement to all. I then saw many encouraging responses to my writings. I thought maybe people outside of the “Theatre” may be reading what I wrote, so my Music Express comment I approached it in a different way. I'm glad you also enjoy sharing this positive experience.

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Return to Just Stuff