Dick Biondi

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Dick Biondi

Postby Marsbar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 am

When I was a little kid with a dream to someday be "on the radio" - listening to Dick Biondi was a nightly habit for me as he broadcast from WLS in Chicago. He inspired me!

A number of years ago when I was honoured by The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland Dick Biondi was another DJ receiving the same priviledge. I was so happy to spend time with him during the week of celebrations at The Hall.

It’s been six weeks since Dick Biondi was sidelined from WLS FM 94.7, but if the legendary Radio Hall of Famer has his way, he’ll soon be riding the late-night airwaves again.

“To be very honest, I’m going crazy sitting here and waiting to go back to work,” Biondi said Monday in a phone conversation from home.

Bosses of the Cumulus Media classic hits stations are no less eager to have Biondi return to his show, which airs from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Friday. “We have got the door open for him whenever he feels like coming back,” said Jan Jeffries, senior vice president of corporate programming and program director of WLS FM. “He’ll always be our guy.”

Biondi, 82, said he spent three days last month in the hospital where he was treated for an irregular heartbeat and dehydration. (Friends said he also was battling the flu at the time.) On the day he returned home, he slipped and fell, suffering multiple nasal fractures.

Since then, Biondi insists he’s been feeling “much better” and hopes to receive a clean bill of health later this week. “Friday is my next appointment with the doctor, and if he says I can go to work, I will be going down next Monday,” he said.

Until Biondi returns, John Records Landecker has added an hour to his evening show, which now airs from 8 p.m. to midnight, followed by Jeff Davis, who’s voice-tracking from Los Angeles from midnight to 2 a.m.

This marks the longest Biondi has ever been off the air for health reasons. “The Wild I-tralian” has been synonymous with rock ’n’ roll radio in Chicago since 1960 when he started at Top 40 WLS AM 890 and drew an unfathomable 60 percent of all nighttime listeners.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: Dick Biondi

Postby NewGoldDream » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Imagine that....one guy “just playing records” can influence or inspire you to pursue something... Sound familiar David? I am feeling a bit more confident in my writings and also in my humour, (corny as it is). I have a sister who is supportive in the blues industry, and she is also encouraging me to write some poems. Thank you for letting me post my thoughts in your forum, and for your encouraging words. I feel like making just 2 more posts...one entitled “stay curious” and the other one as more of a tribute to you, somehow from your point of view. I may not be able to attend any function in the future, but that post will be my gift to you, (pa rum pa pum pum) like the little drummer boy, I only have words to offer...lol...

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Postby jaxuqypac » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:52 am

Dick Biondi is the topic that is with the name of the proper dreaming on the radio and other telecasting kind of the platforms. These platforms are used to inspire me and essay writing service of other kind of people with the different situations in life.
jaxuqypac
Lobby Attendant

Postby JenniferBarbara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:46 am

JenniferBarbara
Lobby Attendant

Return to Just Stuff