BitTorrent Marsbar Podcast Archives

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

BitTorrent Marsbar Podcast Archives

Postby Sunbeam » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:18 pm

I have a huge archive of Marsden Theater podcasts-- most shows since 2010, some going back to 2009. I'd love to be able to post these on BitTorrent with .cue sheet playlists, but alas, time is my enemy. Of course anyone who wants to could create a cue sheet from Ms. Parker's setlists.

Is there any interest in seeding a bittorrent library of podcasts? I've never created a torrent until today, and I'd love to know if I did it successfully.
I decided to do it month by month: 8-10 shows per torrent, for a size of about 2.5GB each. So, just for fun, I put up the September 2012 shows.

Here's the url to download the torrent file: https://db.tt/UO1kKyuz

I use qbittorrent, and have this set up in super-seeding mode, you could also use uTorrent, Ktorrent, Azureus, etc.

Could someone give this a try? Your thoughts?

-Sunbeam
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Re: BitTorrent Marsbar Podcast Archives

Postby shell824 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:42 pm

My torrent stalled.
Prepare to tremble !
shell824
Head Usher

Postby Xenon4U2C » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:43 pm

In response to to inquiry Sunbeam ....
Well it did load my BT Client.
2.4 Gig of data ... but didn't seem to be seeding it.
You need to seed till someone has the full file then that person can take over seeding it.
The issue is .... That's a BIG file size, and you have to seed it at your upload speed
and keep your computer on at all times to do it,
and that bandwidth will add up unless you have an unlimited data cap.
and that goes for each Torrent you upload !

That's just my first thought. .... Not trying to be a party pooper here, just saying.
:|
Last edited by Xenon4U2C on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xenon4U2C
Head Usher

Postby shell824 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Xenon, I have no idea what any of that means, being a Torrent virgin, so to speak :o
Prepare to tremble !
shell824
Head Usher

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Ok, so that's what I want to hear :D

I understand the need to seed, unfortunately I had my computer off for a day or so this week, which explains why shell824 got stalled. But I show some upload bandwidth, so the process works.

I was thinking 2.5Gb files weren't really that big in the world of CD and DVD ISO images, but then got thinking, why would someone want to download one of these files? Probably because they found a show in one of Miss Parker's lists that has a song they want to check out, or someone got a special shout-out.

Data cap? what's that? ;) Of course I have unlimited internet bandwidth through Distributel.ca . Flat-rate $29 a month, all-you-can-eat :D My DSL upload speed isn't great, but it's tolerable. Why would anyone use Bell or Rogers?

Anyway, I think what I'll do is break up the torrents, weekend by weekend, just 2 shows per, for about a 550Mb file size. That's a lot of torrents, so, Here's The Deal: If anyone wants to get specific shows from anytime in the past few years, post your request here. I'll reply with a torrent link and keep it seeded until you get it.
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby Oscarrriff » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:53 am

Board index is having the sense of just fun and the staff is making this to an adorable way with the huge versatility. The clue sheet is for the playing of the bit torrent as per advice of dissertation-service.org review in the year 2012 from the month of September.
Oscarrriff
Lobby Attendant

Postby PiperJardine » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:56 am

Actually looking at your site for existing issues, and inspecting your meta labels, title labels, and on location content to decide whether it is advanced to website content writing maximum capacity. One explanation that more modest SEO and composing administrations might charge a lot of lower rates is that they do the greater part of the actual work.
PiperJardine
Lobby Attendant

Return to Just Stuff