Birthday Wishes for David Marsden

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Birthday Wishes for David Marsden

Postby NewGoldDream » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:16 pm

I have been inspired to write about positive things happening in my life, and I thank David Marsden for allowing me to continue to post here in the forums. I have never written my thoughts to paper before, and I hope anyone who shares this is able to enjoy somehow. Some have called my new found inspiration personal spiritual growth, also that I express myself well, and others have said I write down words they can relate to that show how they also feel . I thank you all for your supportive comments and I would like anyone reading this forum to please post a brief comment at the end, or even a birthday wish to David Marsden. From all of this positive input I have been truly inspired by David Marsden and his group of friends on Marsden Global. We share music and laughs and so much more. It is from this positive atmosphere I would now call on everyone to show support for David Marsden and his partner Igor Loukine in their new venture with NytheSpirit.com.

I was listening to an interview on the Toronto Mike'd program when David Marsden was asked to comment on the announcement by Erin O’Toole in the Canadian House of Commons. There was a long pause and a bit of silence as David was gathering up the words to speak. David was overwhelmed and holding back tears as he stated “How do I live up to that?” I hope we can show David appreciation for all of his past accomplishments, and that we fully support him through this new beginning.

Often, David will comment that he is just a guy who 'plays records'. This should only apply to his humble beginnings. Now looking a few decades later, David is a relevant driving force and showing us the future of music enjoyment. David understands the importance of music in our lives, and we have all accepted him into our lives as a close friend, confidant, and someone trusted as a family member for whom we all care about. With David being part of your family for so many years, he has shared in your joys and sorrows and been with you and comforted you through all. I may be just a recent listener, I view this as a personal positive experience, and I'm sure there are countless others who's lives have been enriched knowing David all these years.

David, you should step back, hold your head high and acknowledge all of your accomplishments. See your professional career and the business aspects, there are so many positive things associated with the 'David Marsden Brand'. And now, please, look inward and see the great guy we all see. The reliable friend to so many, and the one who is respected and trusted like a true close family member. Proudly accept our gratitude for your many decades of commitment and enriching so many lives.

David, over these next few weeks, I hope you can humbly accept all of this encouragement from so many as we celebrate these milestones with you. I hope you are inspired to continue to have the passion that brightly shines as you are just playing records again as you share this journey, which is so important to so many of us!

We proudly offer our continued support and stand with you as you distinguish yourself from all others who have equal footing in this new streaming era. It is a challenging landscape and David has shown that he is the true leader to guide us. We hope that many others will follow and enjoy their new found friendship with David Marsden and the great staff at NytheSpirit.

Today is the day I'm asking all to express our thoughts to David as he celebrates his birthday and as he also proceeds forward with his new venture. Your positive comments alone may inspire David and many others! So please, do your part, open up a bit and encourage David to continue. I personally think David needs to understand the importance his positive influence has made on so many people for so many years. So please, any contribution to this forum post would be very much appreciated.

To David, from your friend,

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Re: Birthday Wishes for David Marsden

Postby Willie » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:07 pm

David Marsden the Spirit of Radio introduced me to Alternative 80's music. Not only the music but the people he recommended /hired. The Live Earl Jive, Pete and Geets, Don Berns , Mike Stafford etc. Even the commercials and station promos were entertaining. Saturday nights with David were special up until 1986. Fast forward to 1995 he's back in Ontario and still playing alternative radio and introducing me to fresh music (Slave to the square wave) and for that I thank him. He is still the Spirit of Radio and I just touched the tip of the Marsden iceburg. Still staying curious. Willie, Can't wait for I am what I play..
Willie
Lobby Attendant

Postby NewGoldDream » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:55 pm

good one willie ..ty for sharing..see you at the party?
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Postby thebarron » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:34 am

I first learned of David Marsden, spinning through the radio stations one halloween 10yrs ago. I was a RnR junkie with pretty much nothing good to say about "alternative" music. I had occasionally heard bits of his show driving home from golf fri evenings. My friend & I thought "Oh Boy, this guy is out there". On this particular halloween evening, Tracy & I happened to turn the station to 94.9, & David was playing "Time Warp". Being Rocky Horror fans, we turned it up. Then David played it again, & we were hooked. We listened to the rest of the show that night and decided that we would have to tune in on the next Thurday evening to find out what this was all about. We found that what this show was all about was the music, and that David had a flair for involving his listeners in the show. We heard him mention names like "krash & barbie, Lizard & of course Sistah Mar". I began sending him emails, and to my complete surprise, receiving replies & hearing shout outs live on the radio! We continued to listen, and David opened my mind to so much music I had shut out before that. I am a little different from most of David's fans. I had never heard of David before. David did not bring me back to the music of my youth, he introduced me to it....

Thank You David & Happy Birthday :D
thebarron
Chatroom Boss

Return to Just Stuff