Confessions of a chat room lurker, Part 2

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Confessions of a chat room lurker, Part 2

Postby makaturing » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:29 am

So a couple of weeks ago I was listening, and I was in the chat room.

I'd been, um, indulging in certain substances, as people will do, and I was feeling a little brash.

I made a smartass remark in the chatroom regarding the requirements to get an avatar.

Suddenly I felt an overwhelming feeling that I'd crossed a line and made myself look like a fool. I logged out of the chat room and didn't come back that night.

The next weekend I was still feeling stupid, and I skipped the shows. I don't know why I felt so embarassed, but I did. I was afraid Marsbar would say, "Oh, there's Mak, remember last week when he made an ass of himself?"

But it's hard to stay away, and last night I couldn't resist any longer, I had to tune in.

So what's the first thing I hear?

It's our host saying, "It's a good night to get destroyed.... roll up a fat one..... fill up your glass..."

It made me feel better. :lol:

But seriously, I've been doing this net thing for a very long time, and I think keyboards and substances don't mix. It's not something I'm comfortable with.

So DM, if you're listening, hear this.... you might see Mak lurking in the chat room from time to time, but he's trained himself to resist all urges to post something. He's a lurker from this point onward.

Trust me, it's better this way.

(Truth is, the guy can be a bit of a prick when he gets drunk, he should have stuck to w... oh, never mind.)

Oh, and many thanks to RR and the others who've said hello, I love y'all. 8-)
makaturing
Usher

Re: Confessions of a chat room lurker, Part 2

Postby Marsbar » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Hey Lurker - I don't believe anyone in the Chatroom makes assessments of others. We are all the same and sometimes everyone goes a little too far. It happens. Then we all move on.

That you went through a short but agonizing guilt trip, and then talked about it - shows each of us what you are really made of....a guy who cares and doesn't want to hurt others.

That's good enough for me.

BTW - there are only two topics not permitted in the Chatroom. 1. Politics. 2. Religion. Both are fine, but in a broad discussion each seems to divide us as people. Division is not what our Chatroom is about. In fact its the opposite - inclusion and friends accepting each other.

Thank you for the kind note. I'm quite sure everyone will agree...you are welcome back always to both the show and the Chatroom.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby Redruby » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Oh come on Mak! You can't just Lurk! Chime in my dear! Oooon the stupid things I've said in here. Let me count the ways! Truth is. We are here to have fun and listen to music and chitter Chat.

I think you are the only one that thought you said something wrong. I for one don't even remember it! (I blame the wine).
So come. Visit. Say stupid things. And visit again. ALLLL are welcome
<3
RR
Redruby
Bar Manager

Postby makaturing » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm encouraged and very appreciative of RR and DM's response. I love y'all...

DM really nailed it tonight. Loved the Cloris Leachman story.

Thanks RR and DM....
makaturing
Usher

Postby Redruby » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Lol Mak. Get yer arse back in there with us!!!!!!!
Redruby
Bar Manager

Postby NewGoldDream » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:17 am

Hey .. not so fast there Mak

I've made many poor statements in chat, and thankfully, many of my apologies have been accepted. I think the customary penalty in this case would be to share those substances and please, visit often. Your first posting in forum showed that you truly are a friend of The Theatre.

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Return to Just Stuff