California Is Drying Up

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

California Is Drying Up

Postby Marsbar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:47 pm

Yes - they're reporting California is drying up many are saying Nestle is stealing everyone's water. If you're in California please comment - is this real?

Full water levels are visible behind the Folsom Dam at Folsom Lake on July 20, 2011, in El Folsom, California, followed by current drought levels on Aug. 19, 2014. Credit: California Department of Water Resources / Getty Images

Full water levels are visible in the Bidwell Marina at Lake Oroville on July 20, 2011, in Oroville, California, followed by current drought levels on Aug. 19, 2014. Credit: California Department of Water Resources / Getty Images

Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: California Is Drying Up

Postby NewGoldDream » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:35 am

There have been mild droughts in California over the years, but I think this is the big one that will affect our food costs. Farmers had no water restrictions there in past years but that may change, and you will see how it affects our pricing on a lot of veggies. When we begin to see celery and lettuce at $5.00 each it may get farmers in Ontario to get back to farming. There are always other cheaper options available for our intake of veggies, but the demand on those alternative items will have the prices increase in no time. Gone will be the sales and specials on most items, so stock up on canned goods and freeze the fresh items bought at low prices and store away.

I would just refuse to pay $5.00 for an item that would normally be $.79 on sale on a good day. Do comparative shopping in the bigger cities, or if you're lucky like me I pass thru many small towns during the day. Changing our diet may even be beneficial for us. They say weight loss and health is 20% exercise and 80% diet. I'm changing my own eating habits and exercise routine and I'm looking forward to a great summer.

Anyone else looking to change a few things in their life? Share it here amongst friends. This forum David is providing for us to comment on is something very special. With positive feedback and support, it may be what has been missing in our attempts to improve our every day life.

Good luck to all!

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Return to Just Stuff