American Express Digs Massey Hall

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

American Express Digs Massey Hall

Postby Marsbar » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:29 am

The dowdy gal euphemistically known as the 'iconic' Massey Hall is getting new threads and those front-of-the-line types are pitching in with some sorely needed green day bucks. Yup, you guessed it. American Express has donated $1.25 million to the concert hall named after the family that made its name selling farm machinery.

“This is about more than preserving a historic building,” David Barnes, Vice President of Advertising and Communications at American Express Canada, stated yesterday. “It’s also about supporting Toronto’s rich cultural legacy and ensuring that Massey continues to hold a special place among those who love and appreciate music for generations to come.”

Deane Cameron, President & CEO of The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall, said. “We’re honoured to accept this donation from the American Express Foundation.

From the same release: "Ultimately, the revitalization project will enhance artist and audience experiences in the Hall for years to come. Our goal is to retain all of the ambience and warmth that fans and artists have come to love of the existing building, and that comprises so much of its charm, while bringing the facilities up to today’s standards with a new addition to the south of the building.”

The current renovations are the first significant interior and exterior upgrades to Massey Hall in half a century, and will include an expanded lobby, elevators, and backstage and operational upgrades, a new vacuum cleaner and several bottles of Windex.

FYI Staff
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: American Express Digs Massey Hall

Postby MoodyBlue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:14 am

I hope that they put on a new roof, last time I went by the roof looked in bad shape from the Yonge Steet side. I am sure that they will.
MoodyBlue
Light Tech Manager

Return to Just Stuff