Stayed up Late (Early?)

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Stayed up Late (Early?)

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:43 am

Mrs. Sunbeam and I decided to have a fun late night listening to nythespirit.com. Got home from work around midnight, now it's just after 5am. What a fabulous programme of music! Part of my mission was to test various external players for the nythespirit stream. Tried several Windows, Linux and Mac media players, with a comparative review soon to follow.

The whole experience was positive. I'm kinda known as the *Unnecessary Cover/Parody/Remix* police guy in the chatroom, so I have to report the one thing that jumped out and bit me. Around 4:40-4:45am, we heard a remix of Godley & Creme "Cry". The re-mix sucked every bit of emotional engagement out of the original song and turned it into a parody of the rhythm elements. I didn't note the title details, but listening, it just hurt in the wrong way.

Enough of that, overall, the music made me want to stay up and listen longer.
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Re: Stayed up Late (Early?)

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:17 pm

I guess the take-away from that experience, is that if I can listen to nythespirit.com for the better part of a day, and hear only *one* song that offends my sensibility of production value, it's pretty outstanding music programming. :D
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby Marsbar » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks to both you and Mrs. Sunbeam. :D

Igor and I spend a lot of time each week both adding music and working on each and every element to improve NYTheSpirit. Your words and support are deeply appreciated.

Thanks.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby Sunbeam » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:50 am

David, and Igor, you have rendered commercial FM radio obsolete and irrelevant to the cognoscenti. Thank You!
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Return to Just Stuff