Yonge North of College

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Yonge North of College

Postby MoodyBlue » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Uptown Toronto, is what I would call the stretch of Young Street north of College and south of Bloor. In recent years that section of Yonge has been looking the worse for wear.

The shops did not look prosperous,the buildings appeared as if no miracle from any TV renovation show could save them. They were old, and that is all that could be said for them. Now some buildings have had a renovation and are looking great and I am all for it, but we have to pick our battles here or as the old song goes "Know when to hold em, know when to fold em".

I was walking up Yonge Street this week and there are now large sections of this area that are slated for demolition. Some buildings waiting for the wreckers ball are not that old. Some very old buildings are gone already which surprised me as I thought that they, if any, had some character.

If you have not walked this section of Yonge for a while, and don't do it for a couple of years, you will see a lot of changes there when you do.

I hope that this urban renewal will spawn improvement in this section of Toronto, it sure needs it.

Cheers

John
MoodyBlue
Light Tech Manager

Re: Yonge North of College

Postby Marsbar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:17 am

Often there are paralles with many of us. About a week ago I too was walking in that area. There are some significant towers been built there. As is the style now they are keeping many of the old edifices and using the shells to mildly disguise the towers.

I snapped a couple of pics of the restored old stores. Here's a look at one of those...

Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Just Stuff