Merry Christmas From Starbucks lol

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

Merry Christmas From Starbucks lol

Postby Marsbar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:30 am

Satire??? Yes - but the headline made me smile out loud...so wanted to share.

Starbucks Ditches Cups Altogether, Now Throwing Coffee Directly Into Customers’ Faces

Starbucks stirred up quite the controversy earlier this holiday season when they released this year’s iteration of their annual holiday coffee cups. Already cranky morning customers everywhere were outraged when they discovered the holiday cups were simply solid red, adorned with the usual fan-favorite green Siren logo. The new design was seen as a mere ghost of holiday cups past, which featured more flamboyant holiday designs.

When asked his feelings on the change, one customer had this to say:

“It’s (stuff) like this that’s making it easier for the terrorists to gain followers. If we can’t think about Christmas, or look at Christmas (stuff), what else is there to think about this time of year, some Muslim holiday? That’s bull(stuff). And hey, why do you keep only calling them holiday cups? Anyway, this new design is terrible all the way around. Except for that mermaid chick, she’s hot as hell.”

By Devon Newson
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: Merry Christmas From Starbucks lol

Postby Krynoid » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:58 am

Hell, the last time I cared about designs on cups was when I wanted Star Wars glasses from Burger King...

I make commercials for malls and I get disappointed when I'm asked to change ads that said "Merry Christmas" last year to "Happy Holidays" this year.

You can't please all the people all the time...like when David plays Simply Red! ;) but the holiday that all the stores are banking on is Christmas, so call a spade a spade.

Having to police everything you say and do for fear of "offending" someone breeds resentment.
As much as people are free to have their own opinion, they are also free to be offended and free to shrug it off and get on with their day.

If someone says "Happy Hanukkah" or "Happy Ramadan" to me, I'd smile and say "thanks". I might even add "but I'm not religious". I wouldn't get angry with a "how dare you?" etc. But then, I think of myself as a sane individual. And seeing certain decorations in a store would not set me into a rage and yell at a manager telling them to take them down as they offend me and my culture...no matter how upsetting I would find a display for the new Kanye West album...

Political Correctness is a joke. We should not tread softly, we should speak our minds, for better or worse. Just one caveat, open those minds before speaking...

My 2 cents
Krynoid
Lobby Attendant

Return to Just Stuff