MARSDEN OFF WEEKEND OF DECEMBER 26-27

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

MARSDEN OFF WEEKEND OF DECEMBER 26-27

Postby Marsbar » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:14 pm

UPDATE INFO - David Marsden is OFF this weekend for a little bit of a holiday. The stream continues....24-7. Now it's time to get ready for our New Years Eve Party from NYthespirit.com
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: MARSDEN OFF WEEKEND OF DECEMBER 26-27

Postby Sunbeam » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:31 am

That's OK, we had a lovely New Year's party in the chatroom, with fabulous music on the stream.

The Winter Solstice--Christmas--New Year holiday always brings unexpected obligations, and I sincerely hope they were pleasant ones. Best of the Season to David, Igor, Ivar, James, Rob, Geets, and everyone who helped make nythespirit.com such a success with your loyal listeners over the past year!

Now, if I could find someone who, in this 21st century, would broadcast John Mills-Cockell/Syrinx: December Angel (dance suite), Dave Edmunds/Love Sculpture: Mars/Sabre Dance, or anything from the StrawbS 2008 album: The Broken-Hearted Bride, please let me know. I'll have someone standing by to dial 911, with GPS co-ordinates. :shock:

That said, Thank You for the education on Chemical Bros, Tame Impala, and bits of Porcupine Tree that I somehow would have overlooked along the way. And, all the other great music which you have spoiled us with. Cheers and Happy New Year!
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby Marsbar » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:36 am

Thank you Sunbeam. Your very nice words make us smile. It is deeply appreciated. I will forward these on to Igor when we chat tomorrow.

As you know my vinyl collection had to go as I downsized my life from houses and over-sized condos units to something a guy living along can handle. :-)

I have just sent a note to John Mills-Cockell asking him what he has in his vault. You may not know, as it was a ill-promoted album, but I did an album with John. I honestly don't recall the album title. It was Johns amazing music with my narration predicting the future. It was written by Psychic Robin Armstrong - (I may have his name wrong). For it's time it was quite a beautiful piece of art. As I recall it was released a short while before I joined CFNY.

I can't find the 2008 Strawbs. Do you know what label it was released on? I'm thinking indie label. The others I will do my best to find.

Thanks again for your kind words and for being part of this wonderful world we are building for those who love music.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:18 am

David :)
Thank You for such a thoughtful reply. I shouldn't be surprised, so I'm not. But I'm smiling.

I was unaware of the album you did with John Mills-Cockell. That has me very intrigued. I have a fairly pristine copy of Syrinx: Long Lost Relatives on 12"LP, only ever played a few times on high-end turntable/arm/cartridge - you can verify my standards in that area with Allniteandre :)

There was a time when you could make your voice sound eerily like Vincent Price, I'm sure you still can. The timbre is still there. Flow of thought... Timber Timbre?

The StrawbS thing: I sent you a copy of that CD once, but that was back when you were still at the Oshawa airport. A lot of things have been shuffled since then. I could send you another, or it's available here:
Amazon.ca
Or here:
Witchwood Records

or if you like I'll buy another copy and mail it to you. :)

We could fall all over ourselves thanking each other for basic human kindness and courtesy which everyone should practice anyway, but you have done more to inform my musical taste than any other single influence. I'm just trying to give a little bit back, and remind you about some of the good stuff that slips by. In kind.

Cheers to All.
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:24 am

If it's any help, I know James programmed some tracks from the StrawbS package I sent on The Ride, in Colorado, a few years back. Dozen madder, we'll get you a new copy :D
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Return to Just Stuff