How Old???

A cornucopia of what doesn't fit anywhere else - post away.

How Old???

Postby Marsbar » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:30 am

Just for fun as of this date...

Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: How Old???

Postby NewGoldDream » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Hello:

Thanks for sharing the post David, I saw it earlier today on my sister's Facebook. I left a comment on hers that I will share here.

"Here's a list of 50 musicians born within 15 years apart, with so many more who have already left us. Is it possible to name 3 decent artists nowadays, that are between 20 and 40 years old?"

Maybe the reason is because all of the well known musicians were born at the beginning of the baby boom. I wonder if the ratio for every 1 million people born, would be that only 1 person would have extraordinary talent. If that were the case, then many of those artists are now reaching the end of their life span. With our low population growth happening in the last 20 - 30 years, I wonder if that is the reason for a low production of extraordinary people.

Just my thoughts I am posting here, and I would like anyone to add to this posting of Marsbar's. I often check these forums to read new items, and I am very thankful to everyone who has been contributing. Since I have recently joined Facebook, I have been posting my thoughts and writing encouraging words for others there. I hope you don't mind all of my postings onto your Facebook, @Marsbar, I often see something regarding music and it certainly seems to apply to you, and I like to share it with your friends.

I have felt very inspired over the last year, to use my words to encourage and promote all that is good. I would also like to thank you all for encouraging me and giving me the opportunity to explore this new found part of me...just expressing my thoughts.

Well David, I am thanking you once again for giving me this opportunity, and for being the source of much of the inspiration in my life now. I have come to know a bit about you David, from you sharing your thoughts and experiences in your life with us. Your childhood seems to have been so much more different than what so many others have experienced. I think also, that TheBarron shares that same experience with you.I see sometimes that you both have a good bond, and if a certain song is played you can both relate. I would like to take this opportunity to say that you have both inspired me to put forth more effort, and be a better father to my little boy, who is 8 years old. He also has benefited from here, everything that is good in here can have a profound effect outside of this place.

I have gained so much from this place and I wish many others could find it. I wish that all who know of this place already, will find inspiration to improve on every part of their daily lives. I'm glad that I have met you all!

Your friend,

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:11 am

Nice thoughts, Rick NGD. I think your posts are always welcome, and valued here.

My thoughts on the original post... "Aging"? well, we're all "Aging", from the day we're born. Heck, most of that list is just past puberty, and "maturing" :)
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby Contact » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:09 pm

We are about to get hit with an avalanche of this.
This just today ... 67 for these guys instead of 69.
Dale Griffin
http://www.angelair.co.uk/?p=4332
and
Glenn Frey
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 7-20160118
Contact
Bar Manager

Postby Marsbar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:21 am

Yes Alex I agree. The impact of the recent deaths is even more-so, as we have just begun a new year. And then we look at the three names at the top of the list.

With the exception of Willie Nelson, those 3 are mostly not seen in public anymore. We can only hope they are each being well cared for...

And indeed - just a few days ago Willie Nelson announced he would be starting a series of shops throughout Colorado - Willie’s Reserve - is the latest celebrity marijuana brand to excite pot aficionados. And Nelson’s crew says the brand — which will operate from its own storefronts that look and feel like “the anti-Walmart,” according to spokesperson Michael Bowman — will launch in 420-friendly states in 2016.

There are some Mega-Star names on the list above....I hope the world won't be too busy to notice when each slip the surly bonds of this earth.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, --and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of --Wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air...
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark or even eagle flew --
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Return to Just Stuff