Constellation Records

Everything You Ever Wanted To Say Or Read About Music

Constellation Records

Postby Sunbeam » Mon May 29, 2017 12:37 am

The Québécois' music scene has a long history of creating, performing, and publishing outstanding progressive music which has slipped under the radar in most of the rest of the world.

Montréal-based record label Constellation Records has a library of current offerings which we should ignore only at our own loss.

This page: https://soundcloud.com/constellation-records

Offers free previews/(pre-listens?) of all the current Québécois offerings in their catalogue. Most of it is "Post-Rock/Post-Pop/Instrumental/Psych/Prog/Minimalist/Indie/Electronica"... if you're into this sort of stuff at all, there is a goldmine to be explored.

Follow the breadcrumbs, and have fun. I gave a couple of our fine nythespirit.com DJs a heads-up on this last week.

I stumbled upon this whole scene when looking where to preview/buy the new Do Make Say Think album mentioned in my last posting. and they're Anglais from Toronto ;)

Remember, it was paying attention to shit like this that made chum-fm great in the early 70's, and CFNY great in the early 80s. Are we to grow old, ignoring jewels in the rough being presented to us by unexpected friendly strangers?

Cheers,
:)
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Return to Music