Tina Turner Suffers a Stroke

Everything You Ever Wanted To Say Or Read About Music

Tina Turner Suffers a Stroke

Postby Marsbar » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:30 pm

A source exclusively tells HSK that Tina Turner, whose real name is, Anna Mae Bullock, — recently suffered a stroke at her home in Zurich, Switzerland. We’re told the songstress remains in her Swiss home, under nurses’ care.

This, about seven-months after the 74-year-old legend tied the knot in July 2013 — with longtime beau, Erwin Bach. According to our source.. since the medical emergency Tina’s been “reminiscing” — “telling the people close to her she’s the ‘last one left’ since Zelma [her late-mother], Eileen [her late-sister] and Ike all died.”
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: Tina Turner Suffers a Stroke

Postby miss_parker » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm

This is so sad...she was/is the epitome of eternal youth and vigor. I hope and pray she recovers.
I, I will be king
And you, you will be queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can be Heroes, just for one day

~Heroes~ David Bowie
miss_parker
Stage Manager

Postby Sunbeam » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:42 am

:cry:
Wishing Tina a full and speedy recovery!

My gosh, what a wonderful lady I had the good fortune and pleasure to meet.
Unlike some star performers who treat their support staff as something that stuck to their shoe, Tina is a real person who respects those around her for their contribution to her efforts.

I remember a show I worked... back around 1980 (have to check, I still have my pass badge in my collection of stage passes) Honda Power Products held a National dealers convention at the (then new) Toronto Convention Centre. It was a weekend of corporate whizz-bang with product displays, multimedia presentations, motivational, promotional, and keynote speakers, extravagant meals, and glitz. The cap-off to the event was a concert by Tina Turner.

I was working A-V tech support for the event, and was designated stage monitor soundman for the concert. The band only brought their stringed instruments, they were playing with locally rented amps, drum kit & keyboards. I was introduced to Tina at the start of the sound check. She was very specific about just how she wanted her stage monitors to sound, and very professional in the way she expressed her wishes. Everyone worked together in a magical way, and together, we pulled off a fabulous show.

After the end of the concert, Tina came over to the stage mixing desk, *remembered my name*, and graciously thanked me for a job well done. Priceless.

Bless you Tina, please have a good recovery from this setback.
Sunbeam
Sound Tech Manager

Postby DrSaxMusic » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:09 am

Let us hope and pray that Tina's stroke was not too serious and that she will be back in action soo. :D
DrSaxMusic
Lobby Attendant

Return to Music