David Marsden Touched Me..No! not in a Bill Cosby way

Everything You Ever Wanted To Say Or Read About Music

David Marsden Touched Me..No! not in a Bill Cosby way

Postby NewGoldDream » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:47 pm

I had moved my home and business to Oshawa 8 years ago..having packed away the stereo and 10 boxes of dusty records in the basement. One day hoping to have the system set up to play music in the house and around the pool in summertime. While working in the shop loading trucks with radio playing in the vehicles, I would be jumping from station to station to hear a familiar song. I hear a station and it's David Marsden on air saying he's putting a mars bar in my ear or between my ears with a bit of a funny voice. All of a sudden I hear a song I hadn't heard for years...Gary Numan Tubeway Army “Are friends electric?”...I have this record!...haven't heard it in 15 years! I go and turn on the radios in the other 3 trucks, and I'm listening to my own concert in the shop....wow!.. what a sound! David Marsden plays a few more songs, some I know vaguely and some never heard before, not so much to my liking, but I'm not changing the station. One more commercial is played and then on comes another song from days gone by, Simple Minds – New Gold Dream. All of a sudden it clicks in! There's the music I've been missing! Hearing the same old day in and day out must have dulled my senses, I'm going to set up that system and start enjoying music again! So over the next few weeks Im buying speaker wire and hunting on kijiji for some used speakers..this house is going to have the windows vibrating. I hear David's show a few more weekends and I'm hearing more old songs and some new songs to me..a very nice sounding “Listen to the Radio” which I'm thinking is Pukka Orchestra, but it's Tom Robinson (greater version), and then I hear something totally new to me..Sisters of Mercy “Temple of love” .. my first time hearing it and it has a very nice beat. I finally get my system set up and cart the records up from the damp basement, play a few songs and it sounds awesome. I'm still tuning in Saturday nights with David Marsden and then I hear Ultravox “Brilliant”...I'm not too keen on “dancing with tears in my eyes”...but for a song 28 years later..”Brilliant” is a hit with me..what an uplifting song with a very good beat! Even last weekend I heard for the first time “San Paku” - Darkroom and I'm listening to it on youtube...has a great beat! Old song..but new to me! Awesome!

So I'm listening to David's show and I join the chatroom and it's a fun bunch of people joking and hanging around on a Saturday night...seems they all know each other and the moderator is a nice guy called theBarron. I'm not much for chatting but I'll try to get a a laugh out of theBarron or Marsbar, I guess the people in chatroom have get-togethers and have known each other personally for years. I'm thinking David Marsden has had an impact on them also. “Stay Curious” he says in his show..and now I do. It's only been a few months that I have even known about David Marsden, I have read a few articles and now realize how great a man he has been for music. I have discovered David Marsden and although he is changing venue and I'm listening to nythespirit.com, I can't wait to see what is next!

So I'm just here to say David Marsden has rekindled my love for music and has even opened my mind to accept music I had never heard before.

Your friend,

Rick,
(NewGoldDream)
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Re: David Marsden Touched Me..No! not in a Bill Cosby way

Postby lala » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:40 am

NGD (rick) David has touched me too ;) Love him !!!
He has brought so many of us here together .
Glad you found your way here ... stay tuned :)
lala
Head Usher

Postby Redruby » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:45 am

NGD.
this is all so true. I am "new" to the music thing. Was never really a big thing for me growing up. Now after being here for 5 years (OMG 5 YEARS!!!???) I can say I LOVE MY TUNES!!!!!

David has brought us all together and we are all so much better for having him around!
YOU ROCK OUR SOCKS DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Redruby
Bar Manager

Postby DOsomething » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Nothing less than my brother from another mother!
DOsomething
Head Usher

Postby Jammin » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Great post NGD! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, and welcome!
testing my signature
Jammin
Lobby Attendant

Return to Music