History of Vancouver Rock and Roll

Everything You Ever Wanted To Say Or Read About Music

History of Vancouver Rock and Roll

Postby Marsbar » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:32 am

Tom Harrison’s History of Vancouver Rock ‘n’ Roll
I knew months ago that Tom Harrison, the true-blue rock’n’roll writer at the Vancouver Province newspaper was working on a book regarding the history of rock in Vancouver. Back when he began putting the book together we talked about the roots of rock and roll in our city.

He knew I was a believer in this music form from the beginning. I rented airplanes and flew to different areas of the province promoting the music. I can recall taking the ferry to Vancouver Island and having a thousand kids show up in Duncan for a rock’n’roll dance playing only records.

It was inevitable that the next step would be recording stars. I am proud to say I took the likes of Conway Twitty, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison and many more acts to the Island with my concert business partner Les Vogt. These stories would make for a very interesting book too. Stay tuned!

Tom has captured the essence of the era. It is a must read if you want to know more about our rock’n’roll history.
Marsbar
Stage Manager

Re: History of Vancouver Rock and Roll

Postby NewGoldDream » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:09 pm

David, I just found you and I'm learning about you. The vast knowledge that you have accumulated and the insight you have in so many aspects of the music industry and your personal experiences would be a very enlightening subject for all to know about. Being a true historian and the gem of advice you can impart to everyone would benefit all. I think you should also have contact with the literary side of your ventures. A great read is well overdue from such a nice, honest guy, I'm sure everyone would agree that your true character and friendship will shine through.

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Re: History of Vancouver Rock and Roll

Postby NewGoldDream » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:37 pm

Just an idea for David to submit some stories to this forum. Even just once a week to write a few paragraphs on something that happened in the past...or if there is a current subject you would like to comment on.

Can we please get some replies of encouragement for David to pursue this?

Rick
NGD
Rick NGD
NewGoldDream
Head Usher

Return to Music